Category: Best Practices
Let’s get some facts straight:
- The world of APIs has become increasingly popular. In fact, ProgrammableWeb’s API directory offers almost 16,000 public APIs.
- Forrester states that B2B eCommerce sales are heading towards $1 trillion by 2020 – that’s double the size of US B2C eCommerce market.
- Digital transformation is happening rapidly across enterprises. This is strongly driven by an increase in API traffic, which Apigee states has grown 2.8x year-over-year.
Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, Solution Providers, it’s time to be armed with a headless B2B eCommerce API. When your customers’ realization sets in and they come begging for a new, custom B2B eCommerce or ordering solution, be prepared with the right answer.
Here are 5 reasons why you need an API-First, Headless eCommerce platform for B2B as part of your product offerings:
- Build exactly what your customer needs. B2B eCommerce is complex, so your customers will have unique requests and requirements when it comes to building their eCommerce application. With an API-first technology you can build a custom solution, and integrate it with any technology that provides the features your customers need. Query and pass data using the API, and automatically trigger actions or workflows to complete business processes. Each solution you build can be entirely original since the UI is decoupled, allowing you to create exactly what your customer is looking for.
- Hire mainstream developers, not language-specific experts. Developers that specialize in a proprietary piece of software are expensive and sometimes hard to find. With a platform driven by well documented APIs and with a variety of SDKs available, developers with any level of experience are empowered to design powerful solutions.
- Don’t worry about upgrades, maintenance, hosting, or hardware. You will always be using the latest version of an API-first platform. Upgrades are automatic and non-conflicting; there is a clear inherent boundary between our code and yours. Not to mention the fact that with each front-end update you make, you do not need to worry about redeploying the back-end code, and thus risking a break or a bug – thank you, headless eCommerce. Additionally, we alleviate your infrastructure, data storage, security & scalability concerns by hosting & protecting your eCommerce data in the cloud.
- Deliver for your customers in a fraction of the time. Developers building on an API-first platform aren’t constrained by the feature limitations you’ll find in other solutions. Instead of reinventing the wheel with a hack or custom code to make a solution do what they want, developers can use APIs to connect with other solutions that do exactly what the customer needs. Save some brain cells and save time.
- Reuse and resell what you build. Did you create a piece of functionality or even an entire application that your other customers are asking for? Great! Sell it to your next customer.
API-first, headless eCommerce platforms like OrderCloud allow you and your customers to think beyond the simple shopping cart, imagining the exact B2B or B2C eCommerce experience you might need.