Category: Best Practices
When looking for an eCommerce platform, you have a plethora of choices. Not only do you need to vet the eCommerce company you’re working with, but you also need to evaluate the eCommerce technology to determine if it will work with your requirements.
More often than not, one of the most important requirements in selecting eCommerce technology is the ability to integrate with existing systems. Your back-office systems are the glue that holds your business together, so you need them to be able to integrate with all of your customer-facing experiences.
Typically, if you have been in business for quite some time, you have business critical systems that you’ve been using for years. These existing systems are essential in maintaining day-to-day operations. One of the most common back-office business systems is Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) which allows B2B businesses a way to streamline business processes across finance, human resources, procurement, distribution and more.
ERPs are often the main source of data truth for the business – orders, inventory, products, customers, shipping and tracking.
Integrating your eCommerce application and your ERP system is one of the most important integrations because it allows you to operate more efficiently as a business.
Here are 3 Benefits of a B2B eCommerce and ERP integration:
1. Reduce manual order entry time and errors:
When your eCommerce and ERP are integrated, you are able to save time and reduce order errors because orders do not need to be entered twice into both systems. There’s also less room for human error by eliminating the manual order entry step which has saved our customers time and money.
2. Streamline inventory management:
When your eCommerce and ERP are integrated, your customers are getting real-time inventory levels as they are placing their orders. You set expectations early as to what’s available and when it can be shipped. You also avoid having to communicate with your customer that a product isn’t available which can create a bad brand experience.
3. Improve your back-end processes:
When your eCommerce and ERP are integrated, you’re able to streamline many of your back office management processes, freeing up time that staff can spend focused on growing the business. When they integrated their eCommerce and ERP, our customer Signature Media Group was able to grow their revenue per employee by 200%.
Completing a B2B eCommerce and ERP integration helps streamline otherwise manual business processes and creates synergies in data across systems.
Four51 Storefront, our B2B eCommerce SaaS solution, has a pre-built integration with Zoho, a comprehensive back-office system and ERP. This integration brings you advanced connection and automation through an end-to-end solution.
The Four51 Storefront and Zoho integration allow you to fully connect as a manufacturer and distributor. With this integration, you get
- Comprehensive Technology – Through the state-of-the-art B2B2C eCommerce platform you’re already using, Four51 Storefront, combined with the powerful suite of business software, Zoho, that lets you run your entire business in one place.
- Pre-built and Ready to Go Integration– Get started quickly, with no added costs to build the integration.
- An Affordable Solution – Technology can be expensive, but Zoho is affordable, with subscriptions starting at $30 per employee per month.
- Game-Changing Results – When your eCommerce and ERP work together, you get revenue growth, minimization of order errors and continued modernization of your business.
If you’re interested in becoming a fully connected manufacturer or distributor, reach out to us today!